Too often individuals struggle with job success due to the failure to conduct appropriate and comprehensive pre-employment discovery and assessment. The key to true job matching is a full understanding of the skills, assets, challenges and ideal conditions for employment for the job seeker. The goal of this course is to return assessment to a more prominent place in the process
Individuals participating in this course will learn:
- The critical importance of assessment in the overall supported planning process.
- Strategies, tools and techniques for conducting an effective assessment with job seekers.
- The role of community-based assessment in the supported employment planning process.
- The critical skills needed for effective assessment and discovery
- The key elements of a successful job match.
Individuals will be able to:
- Identify the pro/cons of their current assessment practices
- Identify and establish community based assessment sites
- Interpret assessment findings and create employment plans
- Utilize a variety of assessment strategies and techniques
- Identify potential partners and external natural supports, inclusive of friends, family, funders and community members
- Complete a positive personal profile with the job seeker
NYS Consortium for Advancement of Supported Employment