ADA Trainer Network Event: Change Agent
August 29 – Advanced ADA TN Change Agent Workshop (open to new and current members; the required application will be sent to you before the event).
What is the ADA Trainer Network (ADA TN)?
The ADA Trainer Network was created by the Northeast ADA Center (NEADA), a member of the ADA National Network, housed within the Employment and Disability Institute at Cornell University. The purpose of this initiative is to enhance our capacity to reach a broader range of stakeholders in our region — stakeholders who are directly or indirectly impacted by the ADA whether in their personal lives, in a professional role, through employment, in their business and customer interactions, in their relationship to the built environment or in their participation in programs and policies. TN members are provided with a complete curriculum covering a variety of topics on all Titles of the ADA and receive training on how to deliver the material to diverse audiences.
What is the Advanced ADA Trainer Network (Advanced TN)?
The Advanced ADA Trainer Network is comprised of a select group of TN members who meet specific criteria. With the newly established Advanced TN, our intention is to help foster a sustainable network of informed trainers who through specific projects which they identify and carry out create positive change that enhances the lives of individuals with disabilities within their local communities. Helping to capture the impact of their work by reporting back to NEADA and participation in the spring 2016 “State of the Community” conference is a critical component of Advanced TN membership.
What are some of the benefits of participating in the ADA Trainer Network and the Advanced ADA Trainer Network?
· More than 40 training modules on the ADA and related topics
· An enhanced online community, just for TN members!
· A web-based training customization tool to help you design sessions tailored to your audiences
· Professional development opportunities
· Discounts on NEADA fee-for-service products
· Assistance with advertising your successful projects and availability to conduct training*
· Opportunities to receive books, CDs, and other items to add to your ADA TN “toolkit”!*
* These benefits are only for members of the Advanced ADA TN
Northeast ADA Center
Location: Albany, NY