EDI Home Disability Statistics Research StatsRRTC
Disability Statistics Website
Find 1981-2004 Current Population Survey (CPS) and Census 2000 disability statistics; download the 2004 Disability Status Reports at
View All Disability Statistics Research Publications
View All Disability Employment Research Publications
Disability Statistics User Guide Series
The Cornell StatsRRTC has developed a set of User Guides to national survey data that collect information on the disability population. The purpose of each of the User Guides is to provide disability data users with an easily accessible guide to the disability information available in the nationally representative survey. Each guide also provides a set of estimates on persons with disabilities, a description of the unique features of the survey; a set of estimates that highlight the unique features of the survey; and a description of how estimates from the dataset compare to other national data that are used to describe the population with disabilities. The following User Guides are currently available on our website:
- A Guide to Disability Statistics from the Survey of Income and Program Participation, by David Wittenburg and Sandi Nelson.
- A Guide to Disability Statistics from the Panel Study of Income Dynamics, by Richard Burkhauser, Robert Weathers, and Mathis Schroeder.
- A Guide to Disability Statistics from the National Health Interview Survey - Disability Supplement, by Elaine Maag
- A Guide to Disability Statistics from the 2000 Decennial Census, by William Erickson and Andrew Houtenville.
- A Guide to Disability Statistics from the American Community Survey, by Robert Weathers
- A Guide to Disability Statistics from the National Health Interview Survey, by Benjamin Harris, Gerry Hendershot, and David Stapleton